Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Banff, Beer, and Dollars



I got to visit Banff, Canada recently for the NOLS Wilderness Risk Management Conference. It was a great time and that's where the picture above is from. I didn't get to do much exploring, but I didn't have to go far either to be surrounded by some spectacular scenery. I already want to go back and go backpacking or something.

A couple of things I found out while I was there:
12 cans of Budweiser cost approximately $24.
In case you didn't know the Canadian dollar is actually stronger than the U.S. dollar now.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police don't ride horses any more, they drive patrol cars. I liked all the Canadians I met.
If you get pulled over for going 50km over the speed limit, the police can take your plates off your car and put you in jail immediately. (I did not have this experience)

No comments: