Sunday, January 13, 2008

Wandering highlights

Over the last 5 weeks I’ve been on quite a journey. I got to spend 2 weeks at L’Abri in Minnesota, be home for Christmas, and spend some time at the Navigator headquarters in Colorado Springs. Here’s a list of the Top 10 things I learned along the way, in no particular order.

  1. “Minnesota Nice” is real. Apparently drivers smile and wave at you even if you cut them off very blatantly.
  2. Move over cross stitch, knitting is cool. I made a scarf, a hat, and am now making another scarf and hat. Please feel free to just get it over with and make fun of me at this point.
  3. Lake Erie Steelhead season is in the middle of the winter. I actually caught one of the behemoths that was 23 inches. Special thanks to Troutslayer for outfitting me.
  4. I cannot sing. Proven by my spectacularly awful performance playing Rock Band on Xbox 360.
  5. A true cup of tea involves PG Tips, milk, and sugar. Special thanks to Jock McGregor.
  6. Pittsburgh has lots of very cool old buildings with lots of character and a sunny day means it’s not raining.
  7. Pajama suits are back in style, at least in my head.
  8. How to make a pie crust from scratch
  9. I like music by Griffin House, The National, Band of Horses, and Brett Dennen
  10. Flight of the Concords is rather funny. Check out youtube
Today I'm trying to clean up my room but really procrastinating. I left it in quite a mess...

No comments: