Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Extroverted Intiuition & Introverted Thinking...Is Myers Briggs God?

I've been inspired. I've had an aha moment. Miss Wingett has compelled me to begin a blog. So now being therefore compelled, I must start somewhere. And what better place to start then here.

I've been reading my personality test recently and I've identified strongly with the ENTP type. If you're interested in reading it you can find it at personalitypage.com just look for the ENTP type. You'll find that I am motivated by possibilities, full of ideas, frustrated by routine, and can have trouble in relationships once I get bored with people. Oh yeah, and I don't pay good attention to peoples feelings and I can exhibit infectious enthusiasm. For example, I've been mulling over this personality profile during the day and a friend of mine, who has never had interest what so ever in personality tests, said tonight that she now has a desire to see what her personality test reveals. Funny since earlier today she said that the last time she did one of these things she started skipping questions and lost interest less than halfway through. I shouldn't be surprised. The test said this would happen.

In reality, all I'm trying to say is that today my mind has been absorbed by the intricacies of the Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiver. I guess it should come as no surprise since that's what the test says would happen anyways.

Which brings up a very important questions. If Myers Briggs has had enough insight to intricately produce a portrait of the inner workings of my personality, predict what kind of person my love life will be best lived with, and give me recommendations on fulfilling career choices; I'm left with only one question. Is Myers Briggs God?

No comments: